Distilled from Racer 5 IPA® Beer
- Charbay R5 is distilled from bottle-ready Racer 5 beer (7% a.b.v.) from Bear Republic Brewery in Northern California. This hoppy American IPA is a full bodied beer brewed from American pale and crystal malts, and heavily hopped with Chinook, Cascade, Columbus and Centennial hops.
- Marko chose Gold Medal winning Racer 5 because in his opinion it is the definition of NorCal IPA: upfront & aromatic hops, malty, great dose of bittering hops, high quality two row barley, balanced and a smooth, clean finish. All of these flavors translate into the whiskey.
- Double Copper Alambic Charentais Pot distilled, 24 hours a day for 9 days straight
- 6,000 gallons of beer distills into 590 gallons of whiskey (almost 10:1 ratio), roughly 650 cases
- Flavor profile: malty, floral, fruity, pine, hoppy, herbaceous, con-fection, lychee and dried papaya
- Aged in French Oak for 22 months
Alcohol: 49.5 % ABV
Bottle Size: 750 ml / 6 Pack
Origin: Northern CA
Distiller: Marko Karakasevic